Basically my baby child is now a grown up.
Obviously.
That's what this means.
18 months is old.
And huge.
And kind of a big deal.
Ok, maybe not compared to turning 16 or 21...but to me right now? Yeah. It seems huge.
With every month that goes by, I really do feel like so many changes are happening with our little man. All of a sudden Milo is trying like crazy to repeat the sounds we make.
Even though he is often really far away from the real word, he TRIES.
He really wants to say what we are saying.
Just in the last week he has picked up "snow," "grandma," and "train," and that's not even including the words from the last month. I really should make a list of all of them.
He can show you where almost every body part is.
He can tell you the sounds for so many animals.
If you ask him what a shark says, he starts making chomping noises while making his hands chomp on his belly.
He will tell you that a train says "tuga tuga," and a cars says "vroom."
If you tell him to go boom boom, he will start dramatically stomping around the room saying "boom boom!"
He dances to music, mostly with a booty shake. If I ask him to shake his booty he will do it. And it's adorable.
Currently obsessed with trains. He. Loves. Them. One day he just didn't understand what they were for, or what that stupid brown track was, and then the next day...BAM! He loves them and never wants to put them down. I actually really love seeing him focus so well on something. He will sit and play quietly with trains (and cars) for extremely long periods of time.
Really snuggly and loving lately. Even though we deal with frequent tantrums and small bad behaviors, they never last long. He is usually a very loving and happy little boy.
If I'm at the store and accidentally get in someones way I will usually say sorry. Now, Milo will repeat it to the person over and over until he can't see them anymore. "Sorry...sorry...sorry...sorry." Goodness it is adorable.
Milo is excessively friendly. To the max.
I took him to play at the Disney store and Build-a-Bear the other day, and when we walked in to Build-a-Bear Milo headed straight to a worker and expected her to pick him up. He grabbed her by the hand and started leading her to what he wanted to see, then reached up to be held.
This one scares me a little bit, but I try to let him do his thing because I don't want him to learn to be afraid to approach people. So I stay close and let him say hi.
When we are out places he always zeroes in on other kids and wants to head straight for them. He is my friendly little man baby.
I seriously love when he walks up to another child and just starts saying "hi" over and over until they pay attention to him.
Milo is my smart happy boy.
He is figuring out how to dot things he definitely shouldn't be doing.
He can open the gate to our backyard and escape.
He found that he can climb on a chair and reach over our bar wall to the sink and turn on the water to play in it.
He can climb anything. And everything.
Very strong willed. Knows what he wants, and tries so hard to tell us what that is.
Mostly, we really love our little boy.









No comments:
Post a Comment