Sometimes, I think about things that I don't particularly enjoy in my current life. This is not a good thing. Whenever this happens I try really hard to focus on the good.
For example:
Whenever my mother-in-law comes down and hangs out multiple times a day I have to remind myself that she is letting us live in her three bedroom basement apartment almost completely free.
Whenever I think about how much I hate living in a basement that is always (ALWAYS) dark, I remind myself that my in-laws are letting us live in their three bedroom apartment almost completely free.
Whenever I think about moving out to a place where we would have to pay mucho dollars in rent, I remind myself that although there are cons to living here, there are also a lot of pros. Money being the biggest one, and the other being the fantastic large back yard that I have for my son to play in. Seriously? I think Milo and I would get along poorly if we didn't have such a great yard. When he screams and throws tantrums and want to punch my face out, I take him outside and ignore him for a little while until he remembers how much he loves me (and vice versa).
Whenever I get jealous of people and their travels to foreign lands and their grand adventures, I remind myself that I went to Costa Rica after graduating from high school, I lived in Russia for four months, and I have the greatest husband and little boy of my very own who I wouldn't trade for all the travels in the world.
But
I would very much like to graduate from college.
I don't like hearing about people younger than me graduating from college.
It makes me feel...behind.
I think maybe picking a major would help in this department.
Hmmm.
I wanted to graduate before having kids. That very obviously didn't happen. And I am ok with that.
But
I want to graduate.
I WILL graduate.
I need a major.
I can do this.
2 comments:
Yeah.. I totally know how you feel. About the graduating thing, anyway.
:)
Dad
Post a Comment