Lucky 13. Right? Is that a thing? I feel like it might be, but I also feel like I might be making it up.
Hmm.
Milo at 13 months.
SASSY. This is the work to describe this child. So stinking full of sass. Just within the last month his personality has exploded. He laughs lots. He screams lots. He talks lots. I can't believe that it only took a month for him to grow so much personality.
He picked up the 'so big' trick after me only showing it to him twice. Um, really genius baby? Now it is his favorite trick, and the number one way I can get him to smile. Sometimes he looks at me out of the corner of his eye with a little smirk and raises his hands above his head like he's saying "hey mom, look how funny and tricky I am. Mom! Look!" And then he giggles and claps for himself like he is the funniest kid alive. Which I think he is.
He has also recently picked up on actually kissing me when I ask him for kisses. He comes at me with a big open mouthed kiss, always right on the lips. And honestly it makes me feel so loved. Like he is finally learning to show me affection.
Milo wants to run everywhere. He wants to be outside always. He pounds on the door wanting to be let out into the yard. Every day I am reminded that one of the biggest perks of living with the in-laws (instead of in an apartment) is an awesome backyard full of toys for my son to play with. Most mornings after my morning run, I sit in the grass and stretch and Milo plays. He would stay out there for hours if I let him. Especially in the sandbox. I feel like a beach would be a Milo paradise. Milo + Sand = hours of entertainment.
Tonight we went to Tara's softball game down in our old hometown of Spanish Fork. I have never seen Milo have more fun. He was running around, trying to steal people's waterbottles, showing off to random people in the stands and trying to run away from me. He has more confidence than any child I have ever met. Running away from me to where he can't see me is awesome to him. He tripped and fell in front of another family sitting on the bleachers, and a father helped him up and told him it was ok and to walk it off like a tough guy (which is exactly what I always tell him) and Milo stood up and lifted his hands over head and started clapping for himself. They were laughing so hard, and so was I.
My confident sassy boy.
I am not allowed into the bathroom. If Milo even hears the bathroom door open, he begins crying and screaming like he could die. If I go in and close the door behind me he collapses into hysterics outside the door and turns into a little puddle of pathetic snot-covered baby. The second I open the door and come out he is all smiles and he takes my hand to lead me back to his toys.
Lets be honest...I dig his personality. Yes, I used the word 'dig' to describe how into him I am. I have always wanted to be a mother, and I love this. I want a plentitude of these sassy, opinionated exasperating children.
And plentitude is a word.
It is.
Also, whenever I try to take pictures of Milo he has no interest in looking at me. It is difficult. Jennie took a bunch of really cute photos at the ballpark tonight, so I can't wait to see those. He actually looked at her.
(Literally the second after this last picture was taken Milo stepped off the edge of the slide he is standing on and I had to throw myself over the edge of the fence rail I was behind and catch him by the leg inches from his head cracking into the sidewalk. Half my body was dangling over the edge of a giant rock well on the side of my moms house. It was terrifying in a lot of different ways. We went inside.)








2 comments:
What an awesome post! I love reading about Milo and yes 13 is lucky. 13 was Justin's baseball number throughout his Little League career. It is our family's tender mercy because we know Justin is with us- especially when 13 comes our way - which is often. I miss you guys a lot! Julia is in Africa now but may be Jeff and I can come visit on a Saturday soon. Give Milo and Dane my love.
He is such a cute boy! I absolutely love his eyes! He's going to have girls falling all over him as he gets older. :)
Post a Comment