Wednesday, March 21, 2012

wherein through my lack of planning my child looks like a GAP ad

We went to the park with our friends today. Being the fantastic mother that I am, I was completely unprepared for the sunshine. Milo sunburned his arms the other day, and we were only outside for  twenty minutes. And that was mostly in the shade. Well. At least this time I attempted to cover his pale white baby skin. I found a beanie on the back seat, his sunglasses under a floor mat in the car and his cardigan was in the diaper bag. Hoorah. I felt like a slacker mom, but Milo kind of looked totally legit. Much more legit than I have ever made him look on purpose. At least Lesa had normal hats for her boys that keep the sun off. And a long sleeved shirt on her one-year-old. Man. I was totally sweating my child out at the park. And he still sunburned his little nose.

I promise that after we left I went and bought some baby sunscreen for his poor white skin. If this kid is anything like me he is destined for some bad skin burns.
My favorite picture of Milo would have been this next one. But it is so horribly blurry. It's really difficult to take a focused picture of a swinging baby. I am bitterly upset. You can see his goofy little front teeth, and it's fantastic.

(Oh! And Lesa, I have a bunch of pictures of your boys. Should I email them to you?)

1 comment:

Lesa said...

yes please! we had so much fun. we have to do it again soon!!:)