Tuesday, March 27, 2012

evening

Dane works. For a a living. So we can pay for things. Like food.
Dane works Sunday through Thursday, one in the afternoon until ten at night.
It's an odd schedule, but it makes it so Dane can take classes in the morning.

So basically I have a ninja of a husband who works full time, goes to school full time, and also works full time for Mama Brittany.

My evenings are very lonely. Mister Milo is in bed by seven, which means I am confined to the house after that. I clean. Put away dishes. Fold laundry. And eventually get crazy bored.

This usually results in me pulling out my sewing machine (or more correctly my mother-in-law's sewing machine since mine was involved in a tragic car accident), and a box full of fabric and old clothes waiting to be turned into something new. Then I attempt to make things. Sometimes my endeavors are successful. I have made pillows for our couch, curtains for Milo's room, numerous pillowcases for our bedroom, t-shirts for Milo, skinny slacks for Milo and a happy birthday garland for Milo's birthday. Okay, mostly things for Milo.

BUT...my sewing machine is dead. My mother-in-law's sewing machine is dead. And I am without a sewing machine and source of entertainment in the evenings.

Help? Anyone have an old machine they don't need anymore?

OR, a little bird told me I might be able to get a *surprise* mothers day gift of a sewing machine. Does anyone have a suggestion of what machine I should get?

1 comment:

Lesa said...

hey you can have my old sewing machine until you get your new one. it has some tension issues I have no idea how to fix, but maybe you could mess with it and figure it out...? It might not even work but it could be worth a try if you want.