Right now.
Milo is almost six months old. Wow. I am almost having a hard time believing that. I feel like we just barely brought him home from the hospital, but at the same time it feels like he as always been with us. He is turning in to quite the little sitter. He can almost do it completely by himself, until he sees something he wants and then he just throws his face to the floor and gets upset when it hurts. It's great. He has started pushing up on his hands, and he almost has the knees going with it. The past few days he figured out how to scoot himself backwards and in circles. So a lot of the time I will put him on the floor with some toys, and then when he scoots himself backwards away from them he starts crying. That whole forward thing can be tricky. It can be tricky to get him to laugh (except when he's sleepy, and then it's cake) but he smiles almost constantly. Milo is such a happy kid.
Dane is working full time. And going to school full time. And being a full time husband and father. He's pretty good at it. I know he gets stressed, but he is always willing to do anything for me and for Milo. I have a pretty amazing husband.
I am being a full time mom. Taking classes (part-time). Part time nanny-ing my little sister after school. And trying really hard to get the hang of the whole home-making thing. I'm getting better. Although I still detest grocery shopping. Not so much the actual shopping, as the planning before I shop.
We are a pretty happy little family. I get really stressed some days. And depressed about things I have no control over. But Dane helps me get over it pretty quickly. Plus with Milo around, it's hard to stay upset. He is a very good little baby. Not overly fussy. Lots of personality.
I have had more than one person ask me if I regret having a child as quickly as I did after getting married. I am seriously blown away by this people. There is no way I can look at my son and think "man...I wish you hadn't been born for a few more years." I love our little Milo so much, and I know Dane and I are MUCH the better for having him in our lives. I don't regret for an instant having him when we did. (Although I have to admit that when I was pregnant I had the thought "what the crap are we doing? What are we thinking?" on a daily basis. But once he was born all those thoughts left).
| Falling asleep in the Bumbo. |
| Milo is all about making this face lately. |
3 comments:
WOW he is looking so grown up and adorable.
Sweet post Brittany. :)
this makes me wanna cry.....I love you guys so much!!! hope you guys are surviving the semester!
You are so wonderful and so honest. I miss you guys so much and must make more time to visit.
Post a Comment