Thursday, September 30, 2010

Nightmares

I don't dream that often. Not even as a child. I mean, I really have just never been much of a dreamer. But lately...I have been having the WORST pregnancy nightmares of my life. I mean, incredibly vivid, outright terrifying dreams. The other night it woke up paralyzed with fear and was too terrified to get out of bed. So I made Dane get up and turn on all the lights in the house so I could make it to the bathroom without feeling like something was going to leap out of a closet and kill me. Seriously? I HATE nightmares. I don't remember EVER having a nightmare before in my life, and I have them almost every night.
I don't like it.
At all.
Is it true that it can be caused by certain foods you eat?
Has anybody else had crazy nightmares and weird dreams while they were pregnant?
I'm not all about it. So far the most enjoyable part of being pregnant is the lack of period every month. (Sorry if that's awkward).
Maybe once we actually get to see that it's a baby, and not just a fetus that makes me nauseous, it will feel more real.
I dunno. I just know I'm sick of waking up scared at night.
I think I need a superman night-light.

2 comments:

Lesa said...

Um yeah, there is an official bathtub monster at our house.... from some random dream I can't get over.... Some nights I make Chris go into the bathroom with me because I'm so freaked out. I have nightmares and just bizarre dreams in general while I'm pregnant.
Honestly, being pregnant is (for me) absolute torture. There is constant worry that the baby is ok, and constant being uncomfortable. The only benefits I can see are the baby at the end and like you said, no period. So not trying to make this more awkward, but because of pregnancy and nursing I haven't had a period in ... over 2 years. It's awesome. :O)

Heidi Greaves said...

I had a lot of crazy dreams while I was pregnant too. The worst one was a nightmare where cockroaches were crawling all over my bed... yuck! I seriously miss being pregnant though. It gets so much more awesome when you can feel that baby move!