Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Torn

So my due date is April 14th. When I checked BYU's school schedule I found out that this day is about a week before finals. Now I'm faced with the decision of whether or not to go to school next semester. I was really hoping this child was going to be due AFTER finals...but of course he would be due earlier. What would you do? I mean, I seriously am extremely at odds about what I'm going to do. On the one hand, if I take classes then I face having the baby before school is even out, or having him/her while I'm in the middle of a final. I really really want to keep taking classes....there is no part of me that wants to be out of school. But I also really don't want to have a baby in the middle of a semester. If I don't take classes I can just defer a semester and start back up in the fall...but I really don't want to waste a semester. There have been enough semesters of me goofing off, or taking off to Russia, and I want to just get through. All of my prerequisites have been done for a while now, and now its time to actually get working on a major, and I don't want to keep putting things off.
You know, surprises are great.
I'm all about them. And I'm quite excited to have this baby.
But man this surprise child is really throwing me. I really don't want anyone to think that I'm not happy about it. I mean I really am. But honestly...I was not quite prepared for this. I didn't think we would be having a baby until I was done with school. And know there is one only six months away. Man. I have to make so many decisions now. The most pressing one on my mind is school.
What would you guys do? I don't like having to make this choice...but it looks like I'm going to have to. I want to stay in school. But the baby is coming in April whether I'm ready for it or not.
So. I'm torn.

3 comments:

Lesa said...

If it were me hmmm... one of three things:
1) take classes and see if you can take the finals early
2) take online classes (if there are ones you need)
or
3) don't take classes ... it would really suck because you'd basically get a WHOLE semester in before the baby comes, but if you miss finals... :( life would not be good. You never know if the baby will come early. Then again, he could come late and finals will be over.
I would probably not take classes or just take like one or two so it'd be easier to work around if you need to take the finals at a different time.
Gah! Sorry, not helpful here.

missy said...

I'd contact the professors or byu in general and see if you can make an exception to take your finals early. They're all about getting an education, etc etc, I wonder if they'd let you do that? Or you could take classes where you get enough points during the semester that you can just skip your final and still pass :P I had a friend who had her baby at the same time you're going to do that and she talked to her professors and they worked it out with her so she could still get decent grades and not take the final or just take it early.
Online classes are great to if you're willing to stick to them :P
But that's all I got! I'm sorry! Good luck!

jennie20 said...

I say either online classes or just a few classes on campus. I don't think you should try to go full-time. It's already hard enough on you right now when you're not very far along.