Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Moving

Typically...I hate moving. I hate putting things in a box, moving it to another building, then taking it all back out and trying to figure out where to put it.
BUT
I AM SO RIDICULOUSLY HAPPY WITH OUR NEW PLACE. Its the bomb.com. We were living in a 6 bedroom house before, and it was insanely too big for us. Our new home is a two bedroom (with an office) duplex in North Orem, and I am absolutely loving it. It's about a billion times smaller than our last house, but honestly that is exactly what I am digging about it.
I don't like the lack of cupboard space. I do like that we have an addition on the back that allows us to have a separate room for an office, with a laundry room (too bad we don't own a washer/dryer yet). Am I the only one who DESPISES hauling their laundry other places? It's the pits. But I am totally willing to put up with that to live here.
It's also really nice to have the internet again. We haven't had internet at our house for about three months now, and to be honest it really makes it hard to do homework. (Plus we got cable just in time for all the best tv shows to start up again).

On a completely unrelated note, I had to pick my little sister Catherine up from BYU kindergarten today and then take her to my mom at work. While we were waiting for our madre Catherine climbed a tree with Jennie, and then noticed that there were empty boxes sitting all around the dumpster. So Jennie, being the mature adult that she is, encouraged the five-year-old child to climb underneath a filthy box (from an industrial dumpster) and inch her way across the parking lot towards the car I was sitting in, and then jump out and scare me. Not going to lie...it was hilarious. Then she decided to hide under a box on the grass until mom came out. I tried to post a video...but blogger won't allow it. Next time.

3 comments:

Lesa said...

I can't wait to see your new place. You should have us over soon. :O)

missy said...

Ya, taking laundry elsewhere is indeed the pits.. bleh.. Jordan and I got our washer dryer for super cheap from appliance exchange in orem. Seems like a pretty shady place, but we got washer dryers and a stove from them and they all work great.. you should check it out :)

jennie20 said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA I think that was the funniest thing I've seen in a while. You have to admit, tiny little legs inching across the parking lot with a box on top is pretty funny. What's even funnier was how funny Cat thought it was.