Catherine was sitting with her feet over the water, so I pulled Milo up next to her and put his feet over the edge....and...he started crying. Sad little sniffles of fear. So I pulled his feet back up onto the decking and then he was fine. Grinning at the ducks. What a mean mom I am.
At some point during the day I was talking to Catherine about Milo...or maybe Dane...I can't remember. Cat turned to me suddenly and said "I'm glad I'm part of this family." Um, tears. That was a prick of happiness to my soul. One of the sweetest things anyone has ever said to me.
Then at dinner tonight, both kids ate what I made! Catherine even stated that it was amazing, and it was "just a little piece of heaven." Ha. Take that. I just had to make pasta with hardly any flavor, and a little bit of cheese. They even ate the squash mixed in.
Kids: 579.6
Me: 1







No comments:
Post a Comment