Milo is an incredibly well behaved child. For the most part I don't have to deal with unreasonable behavior or being embarrassed in public.
But,
as soon as dinner hits, Milo turns into a brat monkey of doom. Tonight we had roasted potatoes and carrots, which he has eaten before and loved.
But,
tonight he freaked out! Throwing food on the floor, fake hyperventilating as if he was in pain, and screaming his face off to let me know he was not happy with his food. After an hour of this I got him down from his high chair with an "ok fine, don't eat...see if I care." Milo proceeded to scream at the refrigerator door, dragging me along with him, until I opened it for him. He then climbed in and got down a yogurt. I put it back and tried to make him dinner again.
Why did I choose this particular battle? I'm really not sure. I probably shouldn't have, but once I started in I couldn't just back down. It was a matter of principle! Or more likely a matter of pride. He was going to eat that food if I had to jam it down his throat.
After another hour full of screaming, crying, and sitting in a bedroom (not just on Milo's part) I gave up and none of that food got eaten. I got the baby in some pajamas, gave him a sippy of milk and put him to bed.
It was miserable. One of the worst evenings ever. I don't know what happened that all of a sudden made him so picky these last few weeks.
Makes me want to punch a donkey in the face.
You heard me. Keep your donkeys away from me if you don't want them punched.
Dinnertime would be so much better if husband was here to help me deal with it.
1 comment:
I know how you feel. Ammon has just recently decided that all vegetables are gross. he throws them on the floor. The only ones we can get him to eat is corn and green beans (sometimes). So we decided that if he throws his food on the floor 3 times in a row he is done. I will tell him "all done" then take him down. He then starts screaming. I have learned to just ignore the screaming. Once he calms down and says please I will put him back in his high chair and give him the food again. Normally we repeat this quite a few times before he eats enough or we end up just putting him to sleep with his bottle of milk. And I definitely know what you mean, when daddy's not home things are so much harder. Good luck. I hope for your sake he soon learns he doesn't get his way that way.
Post a Comment