Sunday, March 4, 2012

love of life

Yesterday I worked at Park's Sportsman, with my sister Jennie, helping them do their yearly inventory. I injured myself (mostly mildly) multiple times while I was there.



Once, I was reaching for a coat to scan the bar code, and Jennie simultaneously reached to re-tag another coat...
STABBED. The needle went deep into the fleshy part of the base of my pointer finger. It's still sore and puffy looking. Trauma #1.



Another time I was simply leaning against a desk, and when I pushed off to walk away, a drawer (I think it was a drawer) that had been leaning against the desk fell on the back of my calf. The metal edge rammed the back of my leg, and now the entire back of my calf is quite literally covered in a massive bruise. Trauma #2.




I decided it was the universe telling me that I am supposed to be a stay at home mom. And guess what. I LOVE IT. I know some women don't have a choice but to work, and there are still others who enjoy working, and I think that is amazing. I admire women who can do both. But, I have realized that I am completely happy just staying at home with my baby. There is nothing I would rather be doing than figuring out how to raise this wonderful child, and all the other babies that will come along someday.



Every day I thank God for a husband who is so willing to work and support our family. He goes to school full time and works full time and does everything I ask him to do. There is never a doubt in my mind that he will always support us no matter what it takes.



I really like being a mom. I like spending my time with my baby. I can't wait for the day that there are more of these wonderful tiny humans in my life.



Milo is 11 months this week. 11 months. That means in one single month he will be 12 months. My baby will be a one year old. Also, I am crying right now just thinking about it. Just typing it makes me cry. How did this happen? How on earth did the time go by so quickly. He's not even a baby anymore. Milo is a full on toddler. I look at pictures of him as a newborn and cry. Every single time.



I love my life. I love my baby. I love my husband. I love our new couch.



Also, I probably love you too. Do you hear me? Yeah, I love you. I hope you don't feel weird about it, because it's happening regardless.

 This last picture is the heartbroken face of a child who no longer has his mommy's iphone. Truly tragic.



1 comment:

Lesa said...

I would really love to like this post! :) adorable boy.