When the weather is nice, this is what we do. Our backyard is like a small playground. I will miss that when me move someday.
On a completely unrelated topic, I am really bad at making new friends! All of my existing friends live too far away. No matter how hard I try, I am really bad at striking up conversations with new people and just forming a new friendship.
For example, Milo loves going to the park. So every time we go there I try to talk to another mother (or 2 or 3) that is there and see if I could get a new friendship going. It never works. Other women always seem to be there with their friends, and then I just feel weird. Yesterday we were there, and I tried talking to a woman pushing her kid on the swing. Asked her a few questions about her little boy, which she answered brusquely and then walked off. Now, I'm not condemning her behavior. I mean maybe I come off like a total weirdo. I wouldn't know. But is it too much to ask for someone to reciprocate the kindness? I mean, I am trying really hard to make friends with people, especially in our ward. But I feel like most people just aren't interested in making new friends.
I don't have many friends that still live around here. There are a few, but most of them got married and moved away. To foreign places like Ephraim and Logan. Ok, not even out of state, but far enough away that we can't just visit or hang out.
So if there is anyone who may see this, lets be friends! Also, if you have tips on how to get people to want to hang out with you, let me know. I feel like I'm a generally likeable person. Not in an arrogant way, but I don't think I have an overly repellent personality. All my old friends just need to move back here, then I won't have to worry about it.
Plus, I have a cute ginger baby.







3 comments:
Well, hey, I think we're friends... but I really feel the same way you do. I pretty much could've written what you did word for word on my blog.
And admittedly, I know sometimes it's hard to have a 2.5 yr. old and 2 babies "hang out". But we can keep trying... if ya want. :)
Or, better idea - we should try to have a girl's night some time. And since I don't really know anyone else cuz I'm just awesome like that it'd probably just be us... making quilts or something hahaha
If I can't see you guys on a given day, the pictures and stuff you write make that okay. Missing you guys.
Dad
Post a Comment