Thursday, February 23, 2012

10 months

Ten month old baby. Hey, I have one of those! 
Actually, it would be more correct to say ten month old toddler. This kid is not a baby anymore. He stands. He walks. He runs. Yes...that's right. He runs! He moves his little feet so fast he falls down a lot from tripping over his own excitement. 
I am overwhelmed by my child sometimes. Not by him exactly, but the fact that he is almost one! Our baby is growing up. I'm tearing up just writing this. Yes, it does make me that emotional. My baby is awesome. I'm not a typically arrogant person, but lets be real: I think my baby is amazing. I refuse to be humble about him. I love being a mom.





































I love my little ginger baby so much.
His hair is beginning to blonde, and it's making me sad. I'm afraid to cut his hair because I worry that it will grow back in with no red it in at all. His bald spot is filling in really well in the back, but you can barely tell because it is so blonde. 

 I'm not at all joking about Milo trying to run. He can walk all over the house without ever stopping to crawl or to hold on to a wall. Often he will stop, pick up a basketball the size of his body, and then just stand up and keep walking. Should a ten month old be able to do these things? He tries so hard to move faster, but sometimes his brain gets ahead of his feet and he falls flat on his face. But mostly he is a genius of walking. The month after he turned nine months, before he turned ten months, he figured out standing on his own, and then walking. He doesn't even hesitate when he walks! He just takes charge. He takes off. Milo is basically a ninja of this whole walking situation.When he falls down (which happens when he thinks he can things that he is still way to young to do) he usually falls HARD. Does he cry, you ask? Yes. For about five seconds, and then he is up and off. Covered in bumps and bruises and scrapes already, I am terrified for the future hospital trips we will take because he tried to do a flip off the swing or snowboard off the roof. It's going to happen. I can see our future.


























 I bought these jeans for Milo on sale at GAP. They are spiderman skinny jeans. The inside of the waistband says 'I fight bad guys.' Yeah. Now he's a legit crime fighter. Who eats wood chips on the playground. *BAMPH* (who can name what comic character makes the bamph sound...anyone?)



Milo talks and talks and talks. I feel like he's trying to tell me something that he understands, but he can't quite get me to understand. He has started to throw tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants, but they never last longer than five seconds. He just isn't a whiner (hooray)! Church is an adventure. He does okay until relief society, and then it all just goes to pieces. He wants to be digging through everybody else's purses and bags and pens and phones and basically everything he shouldn't be touching, and when I take him away he has a mini meltdown. But again, it doesn't last longer than 5 seconds. Until he sees it again. But I like it. He just wants to be moving constantly.

Do you see how none of these pictures of the park are of his face? He had absolutely no interest in me. At all. He wanted to be on the playground equipment, playing with the other kids. Forget you, mom! I have new people to play with. My son already thinks I'm boring. Oh, well. At least he lets me kiss him still. 


























I still can't get him to say any version of 'mama,' but 'dada' pours out of his mouth all day long. He loves any toy with wheels. Especially daddy's skateboard. He wants to play outside all the time, but unfortunately the weather decided to actually turn into winter and I can't take him outside too much. He gets so bored of inside faster than I can blink. One second he loves his toys, and then by 8 a.m. he wants out of this house! I hate living in a basement.


Randomly Milo will come up to me and give me a quick snuggle and then run back to his toys. It makes me so incredibly happy every time. Blankets and pillows are also prone to being snuggled if left within his reach. He is that happiest baby I have ever met. I don't know how I got so lucky to have such a wonderful child, and I love every day that I get to see more and more of his vibrant personality. 

 Do you see how dashing he looks in this next picture? Man. We made a cute child. Seriously. Heart breaker. You might think I'm biased, but other people think it too. People walk up to me all the time and tell me how cute he is.






































Babies are amazing. I am so grateful that I am Milo's mom, and I love every day that I get to see him grow up more and more. I love him.

1 comment:

jennie20 said...

Oh my gosh!! He looks like a model for baby gap or something in that last picture lol he is such a stud.