I am finding that cheerios are basically a baby food. I feel weird eating them in a bowl, because Milo snacks on them all day long. I leave little piles on the floor around the house for him to snack on throughout his day of crawling. (Yes, kind of like a dog. And yes, I eat them off of the floor too. Don't judge).
Hey, baby. Are getting tired? Why don't you stop at this lovely little pile of half-crushed cheerios that was so lovingly place out for you by your mother and snack until you feel a little more energized. Oh, and if you would like to grind more of them into the carpet while you're at it...you just go right ahead. That's what they are there for.
If you come over to my house, you will undoubtedly see crushed "stuff" all over my floor. (Mostly cheerios, but I'm not going to lie...there is a lot of other stuff too). I promise I vacuum. Maybe not every day. And maybe I am totally contributing to our ant problem. But when I vacuum: (a) Milo starts hyperventilating crying no matter what I do, (b) Milo's treats are now in the vacuum, and (c) I lay out more cheerios for him to eat anyways.
Milo has started sharing his food. Now, I encourage this because I want him to learn how to share. However I do not like him sharing his food with my mouth. He looks at me with such a big smile I don't dare refuse his offerings, but in all honesty I do not want a fistful of slobbery, boogery, oozing cheerios shoved into my mouth. But, I allow it. I don't want my kid growing up being selfish.
If you're craving cheerios now, you can come over and I'm sure Milo would love to share.


No comments:
Post a Comment