Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Milo Dane Hixson


Dane and I had been joking for a couple of weeks about how funny it would be if I went into labor on the 9th, because that was the day my dad was going to be getting remarried.I woke up that morning at about 6:00, stood up to go to the bathroom, and then realized that I was either peeing myself, or my water was breaking. Rushed to bathroom and decided that it was the latter (mostly because I didn't think I needed to pee THAT bad).So Dane and I waited about a half an hour until I started having some mild contractions, then we hopped in the car and took off for Payson hospital.

We got there and everything was looking good. Throughout the day I made slow, but steady progress. By about 5:00 that evening the doctor decided I was ready to push. So...I pushed. And pushed. And pushed some more. And nothing happened. I was getting tired, but Milo was NOT coming down. At all. My doctor said that if anything at all was happening, he was moving back UP into me and not coming down.


I hadn't even considered the possibility of a C-section. It honestly had not even crossed my mind. I don't know why, but I always just assumed I would be able to deliver naturally. After pushing for about 45 minutes the dr said he could let me push for another hour or two, but he was confident it would just end in a C-section anyway.

I started freaking out just a little bit.
The thought of my stomach being cut open just....freaked me out.

A LOT.


The dr and nurse left the room for a minute, and I immediately asked Dane for a blessing. I knew that there was absolutely no way I could do that by myself. If ever I needed comfort from the Lord, it was in that moment. The blessing was exactly what I needed. Afterwords, I was still terrified, but comforted at the same time that everything would be ok. The baby and I would both be healthy, and everything would progress without a problem.


At 6:15 they whisked me back to the operating room, and Dane joined me wearing a sexy gown, cap and booties. I was still so beyond scared, but everything went well. They had Milo out within 5 minutes, and about 25 minutes after that I was back in my room feeling incredibly out of it. The hardest part was not being able to see him for almost 4 hours. I was so grateful that it was all over, and I just wanted to see my baby. When they finally brought him to me I just bawled. Seriously...the waterworks were pouring down my face pretty hardcore.


So...Milo Dane Hixson was born on April 9, 2011 at 6:31 PM. He weighed 8 lbs 13 oz and was 22 in long. The first thing I saw when they held him over the curtain for me to see, was his RIDICULOUS amount of red hair. Did not think I would have a redheaded baby. But we like it :)


Having a baby is a really hard transition, I'm sure a lot of you know that, but I'm excited to be his mother and to get to raise such a wonderful child.

1 comment:

missy said...

Congratulations you two! That is so much fun! He's such an adorable little guy :D