Thursday, June 10, 2010

i have to have foot surgery

...tomorrow...and I'm not very happy about it.
It's not even the actual surgery that I'm worried about. It's the days and weeks of recovery that I'm REALLY not looking forward to. I hate being on pain killers, and feeling completely out of it, and not being able to get up and do stuff.
It's going to drive me nuts.
Good thing I have an awesome husband to put up with me and all my ornery nonsense.
Cause honestly...I get really ornery when I'm sick.
And stuck at home.

One time when Dane and I were engaged, we went Christmas caroling with our ward to an old folks home. There is an old lady that lives there who can read people faces. Not in a supernatural, reading palms kind of way...but she knows so much about people that she can look and talk to you and be able to tell certain characteristics about you. She was pretty much awesome. So when she was telling me about myself...one of the first things she said was that when I am sick or tired I get really ornery and tend to take it out on the people around me. Dane laughed because even then he knew it was true. And I knew it was true.
And honestly, I know I should try to do better. But I HATE HATE HATE just sitting around and not doing anything. Especially when I'm sick, and I know that I can't change a thing. I have to sit around. And it sucks.
I hope that I never end up on bed rest when I'm pregnant.
I would go insane.
Thank goodness for my awesome husband who is willing to put up with my attitude. I know I'm a pretty miserable person to be around when I'm sick.

No comments: