Monday, May 17, 2010

so here's what happened

The desktop computer I rent from BYU decided that it wanted to get a trojan virus...you know, one of the nasty one that likes to pop open porno websites if you try to click on anythin. So pretty much I just decided not to even try to do anything and I just took it back to BYU so they could just completely revamp the computer.

I went inside the building to borrow a metal cart with wheels...so I could wHeel the computer insinde without making ten trips. I left the cart on the sidewalk. I put the monitor on the cart. Then I put the tower on the cart. I went back to the car one last time to grab the keyboard and the mouse...then, as I shut the door and turned toward the sidewalk I saw the cart slowly rolling the edge of the sidewalk. It barely tinged into the cadillacs headlight, and then began crashing to the ground with the expensive computer equipment.

I DOVE onto the cement and caught the monitor AND the tower in my arms, and it freaking killed. I scratched up one of my hands, and my knees kill from my heroic dive of heroism, but the computer was UNtouched.

That was basically the most exciting part of my day. I saved a computer's life, and now my hand hurts real bad.

I traded the computer in for a laptop. Now, if I ever have to catch it, it won't hurt as bad.

Good thinking on my part, eh?

1 comment:

Cap said...

I find that when purchasing a computer it is always good to keep these incidents in mind. Going with the laptop--definitely a smart choice. Also, I commend your bravery.