Wednesday, June 20, 2012

arizona

This past weekend Mr. Milo and I took a 14 hour road trip down to Arizona (WITHOUT DAD) for my grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary. It was fantastic, but also crazy tiring.


On the trip down Milo didn't fuss once. Not once in over 14 hours. I was amazed almost to tears. The way back was a little more rough, but still not nearly as bad as I was expecting.

While we were there we shared a hotel room with my mom and two of my little sisters. This was difficult considering Milo was waking up at around 5:30 every morning we were there. So at the crack of dawn I was hauling a baby out to breakfast, and trying to find ways to keep him occupied out of the hotel.


Are we all aware that Arizona, at least Thatcher, has a severe lack of playgrounds? Maybe I'm just used to Utah where playgrounds are almost as common as church buildings. I couldn't find one the first day, so the next horribly early morning I asked the front desk where one was, and the baby and I trecked to the next town to play at a playground, at 6 in the morning, in almost 90 degree weather. Seriously? The heat down there? Not my friend.


But the playground? Pretty small, and run down. My biggest concern were the cigarette stubs littering the ground that Milo kept trying to pick up. Boo. At least I wasn't worried for our safety since it was across the street from the sheriff station.

All in all we had a good time, but the playground was the only time I pulled out the camera.

And I got bit by ant. In my arm.

No comments: