Tuesday, January 31, 2012

intentions

Every single night I have the greatest intentions of being in bed by nine o'clock. Milo goes to bed between seven thirty and eight, I get a few things done around the house (dishes, laundry, watching  How I Met Your Mother), and then I get ready for bed, hop right in and fall straight to sleep.

Right?
Wrong!

I am never ever in bed anywhere near nine. Despite my glorious intentions to be an 'early to bed early to rise' type of person, I never seem to succeed. Part of the problem seems to be my complete lack of drive to ever wake up.

So by the time I head for bed for real, its around eleven o'clock and when I try to fall asleep I fail tremendously. In part because the husband isn't home yet, and part because my brain won't shut up.

Me: La da da. I'm just going to head off to my comfy bed and fall asleep and rest all my troubles away.
my brain: Screw that! You WILL stay awake despite your sleepiness. 
Me: Oh please, dear brain. won't you be quiet and let me sleep?
my brain: Heck no. I am going to stay in constant suspense wondering when the husband man will          walk through the door.
Me: Pretty please shut up?
my brain: nope.
Me: I promise I will stimulate you more by reading more books.
my brain: are you trying to bribe your own brain?
Me: maybe. Just shut up, ok!
my brain: how rude.
Me: Are you kidding? I am ridiculously polite in a somewhat British manner.
my brain: can I be British too?
Me: I guess. But only if you shut up.
my brain: What what? Top of the morning. Bloody Hell! Tea and crumpets! God Bless the Queen!
Me: Wait, I thought I told you to be quiet.
my brain: you did! But now I'm British and I don't take orders from Americans.
Me: Poo Poo (said like Madeline...obviously)

Guys. This is ridiculous.
What's even more ridiculous might be the fact that I got out of bed to write this.

No comments: