The baby was in bed. I served myself a bowl of delicious looking food. Since Dane was at work, I sat down by myself to eat it.
It.
Was.
Disgusting.
I started bawling my eyes out. I called Dane immediately, and the second he answered I just started blubbering into the phone "I spent a really long time making dinner, and it was so nasty, and I just wasted so much food on a nasty dinner, and I'm all by myself!!"
He tried really hard to be comforting. I was still sad. I had made a gross dinner, tried to eat it by myself, and then collapsed in tears. I felt quite pathetic.
So, when I got off the phone, I was still slightly distraught. I boxed up the gross dinner (because Dane insisted he was going to eat it) and put it in the fridge. Made myself a PB&J. And basically just wallowed in my misery for a few hours until Dane got home.
Oh. And the power went out in the middle of my wallowing. Have I ever mentioned that being in the dark all alone freaks me out? Cause it does. I basically sat on my bed with the computer glowing and a flashlight on the door until Dane got home. I'm a wuss when I'm by myself. With Dane I can be pretty brave, but leave me alone? Not good.
I'm doing better today. But I need more people to talk to. I think Milo feels it too. He hardly ever interacts with other babies, and I feel kinda bad. Maybe I should set up play dates for him.
And completely unrelated pictures of my fantastic child.





6 comments:
You take some pretty kick a** photos. Just sayin :)
When I get home I will come over and cook with you and milo :)
You sisters need to live closer to me. And not be in school. Basically don't have lives so you can be a part of mine haha.
@Jennie...Why thank you :) I try to have skills. And sometimes I succeed.
Why was it so disgusting???
Also, you should set up play dates for Milo! But not play dates where you leave the baby and go away, but rather play dates where you hang out with the mom so you're not so lonely either. Genius.
I think I accidentally put 3 TBS of sesame oil instead of 1 TBS. I don't know how I got those particular numbers confused...haha but I did. And apparently sesame oil is incredibly potent.
Also, your solution is basically genius. I need to meet more people with babies Milo's age. Know anyone?
Post a Comment