Monday, December 12, 2011

Oh, babies

Babies grow up way to fast.
Most of the time I love it.
Sometimes I sit here and feel like Milo is practically a teenager.
And adorable red-headed teenager who gets awesome grades, and loves the church, and loves his siblings and his parents and is basically perfect. Right?
I'm terrified of having to let my children make mistakes. I know it has to happen. And I dread it.

After I had Milo I was crying to Dane (you know, during that horrible post-partum period where almost everything makes you cry) about how I was so scared for him to grow up and make mistakes, and what if he hates us and he hates the gospel.

Yeah...I went on and on.

Luckily that post-partum thing ends eventually. But I still worry. I didn't realize how much a parent really worries about their kids before. Now I get it. And I only have one to worry about.

Poor Milo. I get to make all my parenting woes and mistakes on him. He's like our guinea pig baby. We get to worry and stress about him...and then by the last baby we'll know all the answers. Right?

Oh man.

So glad I rambled on for all of you to read. Aren't you so happy you took the time to read this?

I knew it.
Maybe these cute pictures of my baby makes up for it.
Cause he is dang cute.



2 comments:

Rick said...

I was a guinea pig baby. Now don't use me as the model of "He turned out all right." I'm more of a "meh... he can function in society."

I totally get your fears for his future. He will make mistakes BUT (and it's a big butt) he has parents who love him and will teach him correct principles.

Teach him to walk in the light of His love. Teach him to pray to his father above. Teach him to do all the things that are right.

It will sink in. Milo can't be near as hard-headed as me but I do know that it will sink in.

You guys are gonna be great parents.

echo said...

i know exactly what you mean